Data Analytics + Python
A 12-week virtual-led program for anyone who wants to code. A hands-on, classroom experience with trained instructors working in the industry.
The theory of data analytics has become increasingly popular and important with the ever-increasing amount of information that is being accumulated on a daily basis. Savvy Coders, in response to this need for more knowledge about how to use data effectively, offers an intensive 12-week course focused primarily on learning everything there is to know about analyzing big datasets efficiently.
Students will begin by knowing just the basics of coding and/or data analysis techniques to become fully qualified for a Data Analyst position.
Unit 1 of our program focuses on Python and SQL. It includes a deep dive into Python data types, debugging, turtles, modules, recursion, functions, algorithms, tables and strings among others.
Unit 2 takes the Python and SQL knowledge gained in Unit 1 and applies it to large data sets to extract information and explains it in a clear and concise manner. Using Pandas, Numpy, and other data visualization techniques, students will prepare and present a Capstone Project to demonstrate the knowledge gained during the course. In addition, throughout the cohort, students will meet with our placement team to work on resume and LinkedIn creation and interview techniques, as well as develop other job seeking skills.
What You'll Learn
To Include, but not limited to:
- Data Types
- Data Visualization
- Data Analysis
Prior Knowledge Needed
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree or 3-5 years of work experience
- Familiarity with Excel (bonus points if you have it already on your computer)
- Basic Understanding of Descriptive statistics
- i.e., Mean/Median/Mode/Standard Deviation
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Strong sense of curiosity
- The ability to see things through, “Not giving up!”
- No prior knowledge of coding is required
Course Length, Time, & Location
- 12 weeks
- Live Virtual evening classes: Monday – Thursday, 6:30pm – 9:30pm CT
- 160 hours of class time
Tuition & Financing
Residents of Missouri/Illinois
All Other Potential Students